Sunday, September 21, 2008

Technology Research

The second assignment is to create a business within a given industry: TECHNOLOGY! I want to create a retail brand that sells media related, cutting-edge technological devices. Our business should fill a gap within the given industry. I did some research to figure out what type of retail brand I wanted to develop.


Big Box Category Killers



Specialty Retail 

     

After doing some research online I found that technology retail chains are divided into two types, category killers and specialty retailers. I found that there is more of a gap within the specialty retail brands. I don't think that there is much competition for high end technology brands such as Bose and Apple that have their own retail stores (in malls for example), so I want to create a business that is a store based, high end specialty, media technology retailer.

1 comment:

Angela Wang said...

Good research – it's helping to define your niche market. Now I'm wondering whether your store will sell it's own branded products (similar to Apple or Bose) or a collection of high-end, low-visibility products. I look forward to learning more tomorrow!